Our apartment in Nutley!

Our apartment in Nutley!

Monday, September 1, 2014

What Is The Most Rewarding Part Of Being A Senior Missionary?



I can think of several contenders for the answer to that question.  So far I am reluctant to identify one that I would put above the rest.  However, one of those contenders that always comes to mind is the joy, privilege, pleasure, spiritual experience, and all around fun of working with the young Elders and Sisters.  Something happened this Sunday morning (08/31/2014) that reaffirmed that serving with these wonderful young people probably should be at the top of the list.

We received the following text message from Elders Alforeza & Cruz:

            Good morning oh so sweet and loving couple to zone 1 and the Paterson Branch!
            We don't know where we would be without you two!
            All we know is that we will be lost and that we appreciate all your help :)
            <Brazil ~ Saipan>

I think :) is a smiley face, but I am not sure.  Elder Alforeza is from Saipan and Elder Cruz is from Brazil.  I responded:

            Thank you so much!  It is wonderful to be appreciated.

Whereupon they texted back:

            :) youre welcome.  Its much deserved.
            I was just thinking about all the hard work you do for this mission, for us, and the           branch.
            The least I can do is say thank you for all your efforts!
            <Brazil ~ Saipan>

Someone who is a little cynical may be a slightly inclined at this point to think that these missionaries are looking for some major favor.  But, not me.  In fact, I was so touched that my eyes moistened up a bit and I began to wonder how hard it would be to adopt someone from Saipan.  (Note to our children:  Don't worry about your inheritance.  Zero divided by 7, 8 or 9 is still the same.)

If you are feeling under appreciated try serving an MLS (member and leadership support) mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment